Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bring on the Cheese

I don't want to apologize for not blogging since (how long has it been?) January, so I'm not going to, however, I will give you an explanation, or at least what I think is an explanation other than just pure laziness.

I wrote most of my blogs before because it was like I was on the search for something - maybe on the search for adventure, maybe on the search for a complaint or maybe on the search for just something new. Well I did find something new quite a long time ago, but I just never really blogged about it or shall I say him? Yes, my something new is a boy. And this is where it gets cheesy. He just takes all my attention. ;) baaah cheesy.

When I learned that I would be coming to France last year I saw it as my after college opportunity to soul-search, immerse myself in another culture, find new adventures and experience my first job as a post college student. In my mother's eyes, however, she was convinced that my ambition was to find a French guy, fall in love blah blah blah, live the movie-script ending and stay in France with lover boy for the rest of my life. I had many arguments with my mother over her absurd accusation, but I suppose that she wasn't too far off from what actually happened. I still have 3 months left of my employment here in France, and though I have accomplished everything that I wanted, my adventure is not over and this time of my life will be unforgettable.

Now, why did my mother's accusation become something close to reality? Back in October I went to a Halloween party where a met a boy. In fact, if you refer back to my blog post from October 30th, you will see that I wrote about a charming French boy who dedicated a song to me.. well, that is the boy. After we met that night, we really hit it off. Of course, his impeccable taste in music and cute style was a strong attraction for me, but I soon learned that he was the sweetest guy that I had ever met. We have been together for almost 5 months now and he has made my time in France amazing. Now that I have met my French boy, it is not my plan to stay in France and live out that stereotypical Frenchy romantic life, but I am excited to see where there future of Romain and I lies.

Romain was who went with me when I went to Disneyland Paris - which was a BLAST - and I do actually apologize for not blogging about that. See, I wanted to use pictures, and I just never got around to uploading them to my computer, so I forget about it. But I will say that it was so much fun! And although it wasn't as AMAZING and MAGICAL as Disneyland in Anaheim, the park was similar enough that I felt a bit at home =)

My upcoming blogs will be blogs about french dessert recipes that I have been trying. YAY! So far it has been a success, AND I do have pictures, so hopefully the posts will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment