Friday, August 28, 2009

Je suis arrivée

Bonjour à tous!

I have arrived in Lyon, as my title says =] yay! I am here to study the French laugage and culture at the Universite de Lyon 2. It is for a semester, so I will not be back until December 20.

Getting here was one of the most stressful experiences, however. Of course I had to wait until the last minute to pack (seriously, like midnight before I left) because I procrastinate with everything, so my parents and I could not leave for the airport until morning. We woke up at 5AM to leave, giving us 4 hours to get to the SFO airport, but two accidents on the road and a really slow Bart train later, I missed my 11:00 flight. Ridiculous! There was a flight leaving at 11:55, but 20 people were on the stand-by list, therefore my chances to get on that flight were slim to none. Thanks to the Lord, I was the last one called for stand-by and made the flight! =]

It has been such a long trip, tiring and stressful, but I am so glad I made it! I talked to the taxi driver (in french) on the way to the Centre International de Sejour de Lyon =] That was a good start! Wish me luck with my French studies here! I must must must (dois dois dois) be fluent when I come back in December! I am about to go to our orientation meeting, so I have to close out. Exciting news for tomorrow: I get to meet my host family! Anne, Jean-Marc and Zoe Bernard.

Ill post again soon!
-Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment