Monday, August 31, 2009

Comme une étudiante française

Salut!

I woke up at 7:00 this morning, had my pain grille du beurre (toast and butter) and coffee. I met my friend Veronica at the bus and we rode to the school together! School started at 9:45AM, but it is different almost everyday. We arrived very early to the school so we walked to a cafe where we had cafe dans une petite tasse (espresso, french style!!) and it was very good! =] hehe I liked the whole idea of the outside cafe with the espresso and the french waiter! =] And it is true!! We had to ask for the check without him assuming we were done and I totally understood what he said for the total. haha Funny, I get excited over things like that.

I added some pictures to this post, but they added in the opposite order that I wanted them to, so sorry about that. The pictures are of the students (moi of course) in the classroom, the group in front of the school, La Rhone (which is one of the rivers that runs through Lyon), and a picture of the Bellecour (shopping area. It is the picture with the flower boquet).

Today was such a long day... so long! We met at 9:45 for a meeting first, at 12:00 we had lunch and then at 1:45 we came back for class. Class was fun! It is so great to get back into the grove of learning French! I love the language, gosh! haha Class was not too difficult either, so that was great!!! The only downside is that is was 4 hours!!!!! And the room was as hot as a sauna!! I was like sweating the whole time haha. I am so pleased with our Professor. He is very nice, he has a sense of humor and he articulates his words so it is easier to understand him. I also love the students in the group! We have already became good friends!

Tomorrow the plan is to go see Harry Potter after class. This will be my 5th time seeing it in the last 2 months haha but this time it will be in French!!! Come on now, I CANNOT pass that up! ;)

A demain, ('Til Tomorrow)
-Mallory

Look at the pictures below! =]











4 comments:

  1. Are all the students in your class American? Or do they all speak English, I guess is what I mean. It is so beautiful there! France is much prettier when there are plants and flowers, instead of bare trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mallory,
    Lyon looks great. Good luck with the French. The year and a half of language school we had was filled with a variety of emotions. Enjoy every minute. God bless, Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mallory. Thanks for posting the pictures. It looks like you're doing great so far!!! Still praying.... Love, Aunt Lisa

    ReplyDelete