Tuesday, November 24, 2009

les choses qui vont me manquer

I have 26 more days in France, and it feels like I got here 2 weeks ago. =(

I'm begining to make note of the things that I am going to miss here. The following are just a few that have stood out recently:

1) The little song "da Da DA da" at the begning of SNCF announcements. SNCF is the company name for the French train stations and at every train station in France, this lady comes over the announcement giving details about arriving and departing trains. The announcement is introduced with a little song and it is SO ANNOYING.. however, I am truly going to miss it once I am gone =(

2) Lyon is absolutely beautiful at night. The reflection of the buildings and lights off of Le Rhone is breathtaking. I have also taken for granted the gorgeous Fourvriere Cathedral... I see it everyday and treat it as if it just sits up on the hill acting as the water tower in Oakdale.. =(

3) The luxury of walking into a beautifully displayed patisserie and getting greeted with "Messieurs, Mesdames, Bonjour!" by the same lady every time... then proceeding to buy an absolutely declicious maracroon or tarte.

However, I will NOT EVER miss the French Arabs and their disgusting ways of "picking up".. I will punch the next Arab that says to me, "Bonsoir fille."

No comments:

Post a Comment