Monday, December 14, 2009

Le dernier voyage a Paris

I spent this weekend in Paris with my host family and it was great! =)

It was cool because since my host mom is from Paris, I was able to enjoy it differently than the average touriste. I actually did NO touristy things (well almost). The first day we hung out with my mom's friend Judith. She had private invitations to some boutiques around Paris and I got to go with her and Anne! =) It was so awesome! This boutique sale we went to was filled with about 60 different designers who were selling their couture clothes, accessories and home decor. It was such a cool experience. And I bought some Christmas presents here for a couple of people back home, so be as excited as I was please!! haha.

Ew.. (this is for Anne haha) um.. this day for lunch, everyone (expect me) ate the head of a pig.. and when I say head, I don't mean it was just meat from the head, I mean the HEAD was on the table. The most disgusting display of "food" I have ever seen. Look:


Yea.. anyway.. That is Nicolas (Judith's husband) who thought that it was funny that I was grossed out by this haha. Because I am "in France" I had to try this "French specialty," but after the first bite, I denied the rest haha. Judith's daughter was hilarious, she kept looking and the pieces she was eating (i: the eye and the meat around the jaw and teeth EEWW!!!) and she was saying "Oh, c'est beau ca!" translation: Oh, this is beautiful! Haha she probably said it 10 times, no joke.

Sunday I woke up and it was snowing in Paris! =) It didn't last long, but it was the perfect moment! I then hung out with Anne, Jean-Marc and Zoe (all my family) and we went to le Sacre-Coeur and walked around Montmartre.


Anne also took me to the Galerie Lafayette because the huge Paris mall has special decorations for Christmas time.. The showcase windows were absolutely fabulous! Look:





OH!! And I went to the best second-hand thrift store I have ever been to in my life!! I'm a bit low on the cash, so I didn't buy anything, but it is a MUST that when I come back to Paris, I visit this thrift store! It is on la rue des Martyrs. Dont Forget! ;)

I'm so glad that I got to go to Paris one more time before I go home. I go home in 6 days now. These passed four months have past by way too quickly.

As they say, Je t'aime, Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment