Monday, December 14, 2009

My weekend in Geneve, Switzerland.

December 4, 5 and 6 2009. Geneve, Switzerland and the French border.

This weekend was one of the best weekends of my life, seriously. I have two friends (french friends) named Mathéa and Gaby who I have been very happy to meet while my stay here in France. They both live next to Genève and invited me and my friend Meg over to their houses for the weekend. It was absolutely beautiful! Mathéa took me and Meg to Genève Saturday where we saw the beautiful Alpes over Lake Léman and the Geneve L'Escalade festival =)


Mathea, me and Meg

Sunday morning was magical. First Meg and I took a walk in the open countryside of France with Mathea's momma (sweetest little thing) and we were sounded by open fields of grass and snowy Alpes. One of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. It was like a dream. When we came back, we drank homemade swiss hot choclate (by Coki, Mathea's mom) in front of the fire and sang French songs =) Mathea and her mom are so talented. At first they sang a song called, "Dis, quand reviendras-tu?" harmonizing with her mom playing the guitar; it made me cry, one because it was so pretty but also because at that moment I really realized how much I was going to miss France. Please listen to the video below. It is of Meg, Gaby, Coki and Mathea singing a famous French song called "Tous les garçons et les filles." This was worth the whole weekend to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment