Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another Adventure?

So, as you see, I never began my French cooking adventure.. I mean, I began it, but failed miserably and just gave up. Bla. That is besides the point, however, I can't believe I have not shared this yet.. I am moving back to Lyon, France!! And when I say I am moving back.. I mean, I am leaving in 5 days. Holy moly.

Some background info:

*In Januray I applied to be a Teaching Assistance for the English language. This is a job, NOT another study abroad program, and it is through the National Ministry of Education in France.
*In April or so, I was notified that I was put on a waitlist, which really bummed me out. =(
*One month later, the program pulled me off the waitlist and placed me in my number ONE choice city, the great Lyon. =)

Over the past months I have not prepared at all.. of course, what do you expect of someone who got her degree in Procrastination? lol I did, however, have an AMAZING summer. I spent it in the beautiful Palos Verdes, CA with the the lovely Melissa Hernandez (check her blog out too:http://melissagoesfrench.blogspot.com/). My summer was filled with beaches, sunsets, best friends, Disneyland, weddings, stargazing and concerts. Possibly the best summer ever.

Anyway, now it is crunch time for France. I will be teaching in Villeurbanne (a community just outside the center of Lyon) and I am placed at two different elementary schools. The age group of kids that I will be teaching is ages 8-11. Age 8 is when Frenchies begin to learn English, so lets hope they are eager and enthusiastic! I have no experience in teaching at all, so this is definitely going to be a new kind of adventure for me! I embark this Monday, September 20.. so I will be sure to fill you all in on all things worthy once I am there.

Wish me luck! =) and a Bon Voyage.

3 comments:

  1. I am happy that you have this wonderful opportunity. Enjoy it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you undersold your achievement in getting this job...IT'S A HUGE DEAL PEOPLE!! hehe only 1,500 people in all of the US AND UK get chosen to do this. Mally is one of them :) SO PROUD OF YOU MAL!!!!!! can't wait to have you in my country again!!! and thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe I guess that is what I have you for, miss.. Love you ;) thanks.

    ReplyDelete