Sunday, September 26, 2010

Toulon, France... but more importantly, Melissa Hernandez.

I have had the wonderful opportunity of visiting my dear friend, Melissa Hernandez, in the south of France this weekend! =D I took the train from Lyon to Toulon Saturday afternoon (it took only a little over 2 hours) and met Melissa at the train station. She was so cute - she was paying for something at a cash register, when I snuck up behind her to tickle her and when she saw me, she shed tears of excitement! =) teehee, I guess I have that effect on people ;) Naw, really though, it was SOOO exciting and so refreshing to see her beautiful face. Two weeks without seeing her after 9 months of seeing her everyday was killer.

Melissa has taken me around her Marine city of Toulon - which sits on the coast of the Mediterranean Sea, where we explored the tiny streets, le marché en plein air (open air market), seaport souvenir shops and any other thing that is very "french." Below are some pictures that we took today while adventuring out in Toulon.


Beautiful, classic French apartments that lay just above the public shops.

THE HIGHLIGHT of Melissa's day. Haha. We were walking around the marché, when we saw this classy old french man, walking around with his cane, fedora and none other but a GOLD DOLLAR SIGN necklace. haha. I take full credit for the very very sneaky work that this picture took to take.

Here lies the Toulon marine base on the Mediterranean Sea - apparently it is the largest military base in France.

Melissa and I enjoyed our first crêpe together in France =) It was SPECTACULAR. And I dedicate my pose in this picture to my friend, Clark Barbieri. ;) Be proud.. and jealous.

Et voila, an up close of the crêpe. Inside were fried bananas, chocolate and kirsch. Mmmm..

Melissa lookin' good with her captain's hat.

And this is more proof that Toulon is a large port city.. with all the striped baby sailor clothes. Very cute.

To end our day we went to the cinemas and saw the American film, The Town. The movie was in French.. unfortunately.. and with no subtitles. Melissa and I understood the gist of the movie and we both concluded that it was probably a really good movie.. BUUUUUT we couldn't understand it. haha. When we came home, we googled the synopsis, and we did, however, understand the movie, but I would like to see it again.. in English of course. Fun fact for everyone, Jeremy Renner - Jem, the supporting actor - grew up in Modesto, CA and I know his half brother!!

Anyway, tomorrow is my last day with Melissa, sadly =( but we are going to the beach, so that should be fun.

À plus tard, mes petites canards.
;) (French equivalent to "See you later alligator.")

2 comments:

  1. Love those french apartments! Looks like it's out a movie our something. Way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for u! What a beautiful place filled with unending excitement! Hope u have a delightful time!

    ReplyDelete