Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Saving Grace.. BD en bulles.

So I arrived in Lyon 2 days ago, and why is it only NOW that I am making a post? Well, it is because I do not have internet at my apartment. BAAHh, it is the WORST!! Anyway, thank goodness that I am already familiar with Lyon and I knew of this internet cafe from my last trip here. My friend Sam and I would come here all the time, and it is still as hip as I remember- the japanese-looking cartoon drawings on the wall, the smell of croque-monsieur and coffee, and the same heavy-set, yet stylish, short-haired girl at the counter to take my euros.

Things have been okay so far. I got to see my friend Mathea, which was probably my highlight of yesterday. It is really hard because I don't really have anyone to hang with yet, and because I still suck at French, I don't really talk to anyone. My housemate, Claudia, is really sweet and she speaks English, but I don't see her often because she goes to school in the daytime. Fortunately, this weekend I am going to visit my lovely Melissa in Toulon =) I can't wait!! Also, things should get better after next week, I am going to start babysitting these two adorable boys, ages 6 and 3, and then school will start.

Until I can get internet again,
Mallory. =)

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever notice in your "About Me" section that you wrote "studing" in France? Annnnnnnd my Ted moment is complete.

    ReplyDelete