Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Un cri pour l'aide

Salut ma famille et mes amis.

Here we are again, becoming sad because I still suck at French. I don't know, I guess because I have already been here for 6 weeks and I only have about 10 more weeks to go, my lack of progress in the language is worrying me. I just wish that it wasn't so hard for me. Let me tell you, my kids will be put through a second language at a very young age. Actually, I hope that I will be able to speak french and english to my kids so they will learn both and maybe learn a third language early. It is probably one of the most frustrating things in my life to not be able to communicate with someone because of a language barrier. I feel like after a year and a half of learning french I should be awesome, but I am not even close. I often find myself saying english phrases incorrectly in my mind with a horrible accent to try to understand the trouble that I put the French people through when I try to speak french to them. =[

p.s. Katie is back from Munich!! =] yay! Let the fun begin again! haha
p.s.s. Her trip was absolutely crazy! Poor girl had to sleep on a horse race track with an airplane blanket in 30 degree weather! =[
p.s.s.s. hahaha since I am writing all these "p.s's" it is reminding me of a movie I saw the other day called "Mary and Max." If it is playing in the U.S I suggest you see it!! It is really good!

D'accord.. Bonne journee!
-Mallory

1 comment:

  1. Umm Ok Mal,, Reality check. This door. Have they gotten the cost on how much it's gonna take to fix it.Better yet have you checked into it. You know that needs to be taken care of. I know I've been gone for a week but it's the first I read about it. MOMMMMM"S back.

    ReplyDelete