Saturday, October 24, 2009

Des problèmes.

Hey!

So between yesterday and today, there have been a few obstacles, but things are coming together slowly lol.

It began with trying to find Meagan at the airport. I went to the airport at 2:00Pm, expecting to see her at 2:20 just after her flight came in, however, I didn't know which gate she was coming in from and so I ran around the airport for about an hour and a half trying to find her. I started to freak out because I didn't know if I would ever find her and I didn't know if she remembered to take my cell phone number with her so she could contact me, so I pretty much just prayed that somehow she would call me.. and thank God, she did =] After I found Meg, I learned that the airport had lost her baggage, and boy has that created a huge bump in our road =[ It is really frustrating because the airport told her that they would get the bags to her last night, but here we are the next day at noon and we still don't know where her bags are. Thank goodness that we actually didn't leave for Italy today because she would have not had ANYthing, one pair of everything she was wearing and that was it.

Other than the continuing problem with the baggage, we have had problems with our traveling plans as well. As hinted above, we were supposed to leave for Florence, italy today, but we waited till last minute to reserve a seat on the train and it was impossible to book due to the France holiday "Tous Saintes" right now.. ugh!! So we looked for trains on Sunday as well, but it still was impossible. Today we woke up really early and went to the train station to be able to ride up to Paris today and then maybe Monday leave from Paris to Italy, but that didn't work either, thanks to the holiday. The very very nice man at the train station, however was such a great help, I excercised my french ;) and he gave us all our travel options. We ended up booking a train to Florence Monday night, arriving there Tuesday morning, so this is very good!!! Now the only problem is that we are still trying to find a way to Paris (just so meg can see the city while she is here) but we cant do ANYTHING until her stupid luggage gets here! I am so iritated with the airport because she has called them like 5 times and they can't give her any information other than "its coming".... but when AIRfrance when!?! You are holding us up!

lol.. sorry I'm irritated. I hope nonr of you ever have to experience an airport losing your bags.

Well, wish us luck to our potential destinations! =] If we are stuck in Lyon til Monday, that is not bad because it means we save money and Meg gets to explore Lyon, HOWEVER, I want to see Paris and Italy!! lol

Until next time, Ciao...
Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment