Saturday, September 12, 2009

Comme une mère française

So my host mom, Zoe, Maria and Odille all went out of town this weekend (Not all together, but separate plans.). I am home alone, and it is not so bad. Today, I have been very productive and not even half of the day is out yet. I am calling myself today a "French housemom." =]

So my friend Katie stayed the night last night and when we woke up, I made breakfast for the two of us! I don't know if I have told you some of my favorite things about France yet, but I absolutely love that we sit at the table every time we eat and I also love that water is served in bottles. Anyway, of course, when I made breakfast, we sat at the table with our toast, jelly and coffee. It was the cutest thing and I loved it. After we ate breakfast, I cleaned my room to look pristine and then I have been doing laundry all day. I just got back from the grocery store, which let me tell you, I handled like a french pro! =] When the lady told me the total, "Dix-sept euros dix-huit," I was like "oui, voila. Vignt euros dix-huit. Merci! Bonne journée" So great! =] Now I am eating a delicious salad for lunch at the table with my carafe of water. I wanted to travel into town today to find a nice flee market or farmers market, but I didn't get the chance to.

Yesterday, I bought the greatest outfit at H&M. I don't have a picture to put up of the outfit yet, but just imagine this, black spandex that have horizontal tears running up the leg. YES! haha If any of you watched this last season of SYTYCD, you know what I am talking about when I say that they are like the hot pink pants that Melissa wore for Sonya's contemporary dance. LOVE IT. If I get a picture soon, its going up on this same post, so look out!! =]

I hope you all have a wonderful day today!!
Passez un bon week-end alll of you! =]
-Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment