Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Franglais.

I love when I see French translations into English. haha.

So I often go to this store called "Monoprix." I think it is a semi-equivalent to Target, but obviously not as awesome as Target. The floorplan of the store is actually very bizzare. The bottom floor is a grocery store, the next floor is a mix of lingerie, woman's clothes and make-up, the floor above that is a cafe and then the last floor at the top is pharmacie items, a bookstore, men's clothes and anything else that you can think of. Haha. I love it because you first walk into the woman's level but as you ascend, you get a mixed smell of groceries and woman's perfume.

Anyway, the highlight of my trip to monoprix the other day was finding a section of shirts, totes and misc. items with English phrases on them. Read these and if you have an opinion on what they mean, let me know, because I am quite confused:

1) Let it Dream
2) Peace Process Needs You
3) Im a Love Result (haha, really?)
4) Trust in Peace
5) Wake up, the World is Burning. (Raising awarness for global warning? I am not sure. lol.)

S0, let us make it clear that I am not making fun because God knows that I suck at French and I probably say things that the French think "Woa, what the heck is this girl saying!?" haha but I thought that it would be fun to share these phrases with all those English speakers who read my blogs.

I hope you enjoyed reading. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mallory, love ya.. Can't help you on this stuff ha ha..Still good to hear froom you even if it is a blog ha ha

    ReplyDelete